Redundancy is never pleasant, whether you are a big employer or have a close-knit team. However, there are times when it will be necessary, to safeguard your business and get you in shape to face the future.
With HMRC support being phased out from 1 August and the furlough scheme coming to an end on 31 October, sadly redundancy is likely to be back on the agenda.
When it comes to redundancies, even if you have managed the process before, it can be an overwhelming and often emotional experience. Having the support of Spectra will relieve some of the stress involved in that process.
There are several ways we can support you:
- Establishing if you have a genuine reason for making a post redundant and a business case that will withstand the scrutiny of your staff and an Employment Tribunal.
- Considering other options.
- Helping you to carry out a fair selection process
- Guiding you along the consultation process and your legal obligations.
- We can manage the process from start to finish, hold the meetings on your behalf or support you to run the meetings and, we will also produce all of the redundancy calculations and associated letters.
It’s worth remembering, there is no cost for an employee to make a claim against you at Employment Tribunal but, it will always cost you to defend that claim. Before you begin the redundancy process learn how best to protect yourself from unfair dismissal, protected awards and discrimination claims.
Speak to a member of our team to arrange a free 15-minute consultation.