Only available in-house
This half-day Asbestos Awareness training course will help you comply with current legislation and aims to help those at risk from Asbestos exposure to be more conscious of their surroundings. Asbestos is incredibly dangerous if disturbed, therefore anyone who may come into contact with asbestos fibres at work must be given adequate information, instruction and training.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at those who are involved or may become exposed in handling or disturbing Asbestos. Typically this might include: Electricians, Plumbers & Gas Fitters, Painters & Decorators, Construction & Demolition Workers, Joiners and Plasterers, Computing & Telecommunications Engineers, Heating & Ventilation Engineers, Roofers, Architects and Building Surveyors.
- Why is asbestos awareness still needed?
- A short Asbestos history lesson
- What is Asbestos
- Production of asbestos
- Management of asbestos in buildings
- Understanding asbestos and associated health problems
- Where can Asbestos be found in buildings today
- Recent changes in regulations in regard to Asbestos Surveys
- Survey types and what are the differences
- Duty to manage asbestos
- Asbestos awareness assessment test
- Duty Holder/RP Duties (what is expected)
- What should a good management plan look like
- A practical assessment
Delegates who successfully complete this course will be awarded an Asbestos Awareness Certificate of Attendance.
£495 + VAT for up to 10 delegates