In-house and open courses available
The key objective is that by the end of the event all delegates will gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and be given the confidence to promote mental health awareness. The course gives delegates the ability to spot signs of mental ill health and the skills to support positive wellbeing for themselves and others.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those who want to gain a greater awareness of workplace mental health, to detect early symptoms of common mental health illnesses and the skills to support their own and others’ positive wellbeing.
- About Mental Health First Aid.
- About mental health and stress in the workplace.
- Stigma and discrimination.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis).
- Early warning signs of mental ill health.
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health.
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- Building a mentally healthy workplace.
- Action planning for MHFA.
Benefits to your business:
- Provide individuals within the business the practical skills, knowledge and confidence to recognise the symptoms of mental health issues.
- Effectively support anyone experiencing mental distress.
- Provide information on how to guide those experiencing problems towards seeking appropriate professional help.
Courses are available in-house for up to 10 delegates and there are several open course dates throughout the year running from our training centre in Cheshire.
To discuss your requirements please complete the contact form and a member of the team will be in touch within 24 hours.