Do you have talent, drive and commitment? Want a competitive salary, career progression, and to be part of a close-knit team?
Your role as a H&S consultant will certainly provide you with variety, our clients are from a diverse range of sectors including care homes, sport and recreation, manufacturing, education, construction and many more. Our clients are predominately North West based but there will be occasional travel to other regions.
- Providing competent advice and guidance to our diverse range of clients, getting to know the business and acting as an extension of their team.
- Producing risk assessments, safe systems of work, method statements and policies.
- Conducting audits and inspections, generating reports, reviewing progress against action plans, and providing advice, guidance, and support in a timely, responsive manner.
- Organising, preparing and delivering Health and Safety training and webinars if required.
- Aiding in the securing of new and retention health and safety business.
- NEBOSH National Certificate
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a H&S consultancy or H&S management role.
- Experienced in conducting audits and risk assessments.
- Previous experience in carrying out health & safety audits, inspections & risk assessments.
- Ability to prioritise and manage heavy workloads, whilst meeting necessary deadlines.
- Experience in providing health and safety training to a range of audiences.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels, with good rapport and ability to engage with clients to build trust.
- Supporting accident investigations and enforcing authority actions where necessary.
- You will be able to drive and willing to travel.
- NEBOSH National Diploma.
- Experience in implementing management systems in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
CDM and H&S Consultant
We are currently looking for a construction health and safety professional to undertake the role of principal designer/CDM2015 independent client advisor within our CDM project team.
- Providing competent advice, guidance and support across a range of occupational health and safety matters.
- Delivering the Principal Designer role and CDM services to time and quality including coordinating design team meetings, assisting clients in the development of H&S arrangements/project briefs, providing workshops/seminars to clients on client duties, producing F10’s, assisting with, design principals or developing design guides.
- Reviewing design risk assessments, attending/chairing design team meetings, reviewing relevant health and safety files, ensuring suitable arrangements for the coordination of health and safety measures, and providing guidance and support for other Duty Holders.
- Delivering inspections covering a wide range of health and safety matters; assessing performance and identifying actions to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Conducting audits of the client supply chain to put a mechanism in place to discharge Principal Contractor and/or Principal Designer duties.
- Site-based construction safety inspections and audits, undertaking Construction Phase Plan reviews, Risk Assessment and Method Statement reviews and site safety inspections in accordance with HSG150.
- Conduct accident and incident investigation processes; including root cause analysis and identification of remedial actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Relevant skills and competence in the delivery of Principal Designer/H&S /CDM services to a varied client base.
- Minimum of NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Safety and Health, NEBOSH Diploma desirable.
- A good level of post-qualification experience in an industry/sector presenting complex risks.
- Working knowledge and an understanding of engineering and construction management and methodologies associated with construction works on commercial and retail developments.
- Membership of the Association of Project Safety ideally Incorporated level (IMaPS).
Salary and benefits
- Dependant on the individual’s experience and qualification
- 28 days annual holiday including bank holidays. Increasing year-on-year after 2 years service to a maximum of 33 days.
- Career development opportunities
- Medical and dental cover
- Training and personal development
- Access to Perkbox
- Free parking
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.
If you can’t find a vacancy that suits your skills and experience, don’t worry – we also welcome speculative applications from standout candidates. Send your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you stand out.